Monday 6 September 2021

You do have the power - Revisited


The interview I did with activist and musician Shawna Potter in 2019 was always going to be used for two different articles. Most importantly, she was an interviewee for a piece I was working on about sexual harassment at gigs, but I also wanted to write a profile piece to coincide with the publication of her book, Making Spaces Safer

Originally, I was going to pitch it to The F-Word but, because Shawna was at pains to explain that the strategies in her book were designed to be used to tackle all forms of harassment, not purely harassment against women, I ended up pitching it to FourGoods instead. Who were interested but who then went quiet on me, leading me to retrieve my submission from them and publish it on Medium instead.

The article has never performed well on the platform, which is a shame, so I hope that by drawing your attention to it here it will get a bit more love. 

Photo by Miguel Bruna on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment