Saturday 24 February 2018

Delta 5 - Anticipation - TOTP



This performance by a (very lively) Delta 5 is from Top Of The Pops, suggesting by it's very existence that the early days of post punk gave bands rather more access to mainstream TV than you'd think.

My Delta 5/Au Pairs period began sometime in the late 1990s and my access to their material mainly came from bootlegged stuff other people had managed to track down, meaning that I am still, to this day, am not as familiar with either band's back catalogue as I would have liked at the time.

Now. of course, the post punk revival has been going on for so long and downloading and streaming are dominating music listening to such an extent that you can basically find any Delta 5 track you want with the click of a mouse, so I really do have no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment