Friday 22 March 2019

Happy week, sad week...

Photo by Green Chameleon on Unsplash
It's been a funny old week, hasn't it?

I found myself getting very over-stimulated and over-excited yesterday. Having your laptop locked to the Revoke Article 50 petition and watching it climb by 2000 signatures per minute can do that to you. Especially if you're logged into Twitter at the same time.

Given that it's been a very Brexit orientated week, it's incredibly apt that Four Goods chose today to publish my piece about Veg boxes and Brexit.  I'm not the kind of writer to write a good old j'accuse but I can confess that this is one of two pitches I sent out to publications on the theme of Brexit. The other one was about reading habits in times of national crisis and was going to be a tongue in cheek look at what people were currently reading to forget about Brexit. That was about a month and a half ago though and I think it might have missed it's moment. No one wanted it anyway.

Earlier this week I also had the pleasure of seeing my first piece for Get In Her Ears go up online. This was a track of the day piece, reviewing Havvk's excellent new song. 

I do have other writing plans and, in fact, am hoping some of them will come to fruition very soon.

Will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment