Tuesday 5 May 2020

The Japanese House - We Talk All the Time



The Japanese House was the last gig I saw, and reviewed, before Christmas 2019. I remember the gig for that reason, because it was a good gig, and because it was pretty much the only gig I attended last year where it wasn't just me and an audience of middle aged men. This one was at The Ritz and was evidently a big student night out, which made a refreshing change I must say.

Both a solo artist and a full band, The Japanese House are one of those artists whose fame is going to gradually creep up on people I think. They are unassuming but they make intricate, slightly arch, intelligent indie pop that is laced through with Gen Z insecurities. And for those reasons alone, they have gone far, and will continue to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment