Thursday 29 November 2018

Virginmarys and Hands Off Gretel review now up on Louder Than War

It's taken me a couple of days to post this, but... My review of Virginmarys and Hands Off Gretel at Club Academy last Saturday is now up on Louder Than War.

This was such a fun gig to review, even though it took place the night after Florence at the Arena and I was poorly and knackered. They really gave me a lift. Two incredible, energetic, lively bands.

I hadn't really encountered Virginmarys before and was thrilled to discover that they are from Macclesfield and seem to have the same chest beating affection for their home town as Blossoms do for Stockport. That was a nice surprise.

I also liked that Lauren Tate, singer in Hands Off Gretal, has black and white hair a'la Corinne Burns in Ladies And Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains! Although whether that's a conscious reference I don't know.

You can read my review on the Louder Than War site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment