Thursday 22 November 2018

Tancred live review now up!



I am feeling very proud today as my first piece for Louder Than War has just gone up.

It's a live review of the excellent Tancred, who I saw play at Gullivers on Monday night. Because I have been felled by an annoyingly persistent throat infection since the wee small hours of Saturday morning, I opted to just see Tancred and skip the support band, The Winter Passing. Which I feel a little bit guilty about as I'm usually a big cheerleader for support acts on a (sometimes misplaced) underdog principle. I also felt a bit guilty about dragging photographer Shari Denson out on such a horrible night, weather wise, but she enjoyed the band so it was worth it.

Anyway, Tancred were fantastic and really lifted me out of myself, which was just what I needed. They played a tight set of impeccable indie rock, which reinforced for me just how good Nightstand is as an album. I'll be compiling my end of year lists soon and it should make an appearance somewhere I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment