Friday 24 August 2018

The F-Word August music playlist is now up online!

The F-Word August music playlist is now up online.

It took a bit longer than usual to compile in that, while trying to make it as danceable to as possible, I was also trying to tie it to Manchester Pride, and it ended up being a bit of a tussle between the two things.

I think I've largely achieved what I set out to do, which is to have a balance of styles and genres by a mixture of artists who either are LGBTIQ+, are sympathetic to that section of their audience, or who I haven't heard bad things about in that respect (Oh dear, hardly a ringing endorsement for LGBTIQ+ rights that last bit...) I would hope that I do this with all of the F-Word playlists, but, with timing the playlist to coincide with Manchester Pride, it felt even more important than usual to do so.

Image of Rachel A. Blackwell's Rainbow Bee sculpture in Exchange Square, Manchester. It is part of the Bee In The City exhibition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment