Friday 26 March 2021

Cults - Shoulders To My Feet (Official Video)


Cults 'Shoulders To My Feet' missed out on a slot in my 2020 songs of the year list because it was A) Released as a single quite late in the year (November or December I think...) B) Was taken from an album I'd  not been massively into and C) Sometimes it just takes me a while to catch up with listening to things. I sometimes have a generous interpretation of the what makes a year to allow for this kind of lag so, with that in mind, it might make the 2021 list. We'll see.

Taking a step away from fast paced punk laced indie pop, 'Shoulders To My Feet' is a broodingly atmospheric slice of wonky indie pop. Sweet but slightly off kilter, hypnotic and seemingly straightforward, yet... not. It's an unassuming earworm but, once it's there, it's there to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment