Tuesday 13 March 2018

Hot Brown Honey



The week before Christmas I had a particularly full on and hectic run of late nights, to the extent that I took a day off from my day job to recover. There's only so many meetings you can yawn through and I knew that my increasingly bog eyed state was likely to become increasingly apparent to colleagues as the week went on.

The first of those late nights was the show Hot Brown Honey at HOME in Manchester, a theatre show like no other.

Other shows have discussed racial stereotypes, colonialism and feminism, but not like this... It is at times hilarious, at other times moving and ultimately always thought provoking. A provocative and exciting piece of contemporary theatre that transcends genres as easily as it crosses boundaries.

My review of the show went up on The F-Word last week, and I was pleased by how well it came out.

The show had a fairly short run at HOME but I very much doubt that this is the last you will hear of the Honey's and, if you do get the chance to see the show, do. It is brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment