Monday 24 October 2016

Busy, busy...

The little known desk-as-cave-under-bed-while-surrounded-by-clothes thing
I'm probably going to be very busy with other writing work between now and Christmas, so even by my usual low key rate of blogging, I probably won't be blogging too much.

I have 2 book proposals, 1 book chapter, and other related bits and bobs to be getting on with and the time has come to tear myself away from the internet and get on with it.

Those of you who read the punk women series on the F-Word back in 2010-11 will probably be aware that I did a series of Spotify playlists to go with the series, which can still be listened to.

What you may or may not be aware of is that the book, which has the working title of Independent Spirits, has it's own Spotify playlist of what I've been listening to while working on it. It's very long... and it doesn't have an awful lot of punk on it actually because I have that weird thing of not being able to really listen to what I'm writing about as I'm writing about it. I think it's to do with having a day job - you can't get immersed in the same way as if you write full time, you have to regularly dis-engage from what you're writing about to go off and do things like go to work. Anyway, it will be what I'll be listening to, in one form or another, between now and (probably) February 2017 as I get my head down. If you'd like to listen to it too, you can do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment