Tuesday 24 March 2020

Cosmo - Midnight



I first heard this song about... three months ago? I can't remember how I came across it, but I'm pretty sure that a random Spotify playlist was involved...

I did what I often do on Spotify, which is to file it away for a later date to listen to distractedly while doing other things, or else be stopped dead by.

This was one of the 'be stopped dead by' ones.

"That sounds a helluva lot like Florence Welch..." I thought.

There isn't really anything about Cosmo up online if you search by the band name and song title, and searches are hampered by there being an Australian band out there called Cosmo's Midnight, so I've only just found out that... I was right. It, um, is Florence Welch singing, and that Cosmo's 'Midnight' basically lives in a weird algorithmic space on YouTube with various slightly obscure/less well known Florence + The Machine tracks such as 'Paper Massacre', 'Conductor' and 'As Far As I Could Get'.

Given that the identity of the vocalist on this track has been quietly driving me mad for at least a month now, it is good to know that I was right, but... Had I trusted my instincts and typed the band name, song name and 'Florence Welch' into my search engine at the time, I would have found this out a lot faster. As such, I probably am the last person in the Florence + The Machine fan universe to figure this out. (Looks mildly embarrassed in a pleased kind of way)

No comments:

Post a Comment